Index

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Vanilla Cup Cake with coco butter frosting



As the year begins the tension of exam starts especially when you have children who are appearing for the boards.  We were just waiting for the exams to get over. Then start with the next waiting i.e. results. We were eagerly waiting for my daughter (Sanjna)  grade 12 results this year. I have this wonderful opportunity to bake these lovely cup cakes  as  give aways  for the celebration. The reason being my daughter has got 85%.  I am sure everyone will want to see my princess right J


Infact this cup cake recipe was sent to me by my neice (Mrs Sindu Pandalai, The cup cake factory). She bakes yummy  cup cakes.  Thank you so much Sindu J. I baked few batches to get  60 cup cakes and now left out with 5m more, I baked  vanilla with choco frosting and chocolate cup cake with cream cheese frosting. BTW  my hands are not good on the frosting skills. Will have to learn that skill as its really interesting.








Somehow I felt the chocolate  cup cake was not upto the mark and I feel I need to redo it one more time and then I will post the recipe for that along with the cream cheese frosting.  However, The vanilla cup cake was really soft and yummy. For some of the cup cakes I stuffed them with choco chips. That was indeed treat for the kids. Anyways you guys can go ahead and try making it as its very easy to bake.

Yields : 12 cup cakes
Ingredients

Flour - 1  1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Milk - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract  - 1 tsp


Method

      * Preheat the oven at 170 degrees centigrade.
          * Sieve the  dry ingredients flour, baking powder and keep aside
* In another bowl assemble the butter and sugar and mix it well till light and fluffy
* Add egg one by one and beat well till the mix is incorporated well
*   Fold the dry ingredients by hand alternating with milk. Mix well till its smooth without any lumps. Do not over mix.
* Spoon into the cup cake liners upto  3/4  full. 
* Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer come out clean when inserted.

For the  Choco Frosting :


80 ml   cocoa powder
80 ml   room temperature  butter
1 tsp - nutella 

2 cups  powdered sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 to 2 tbsp hot water



To make the  Frosting:

Mix the cocoa and butter, add  powdered sugar, vanilla, nutella and hot water. Beat until you get a smooth frosting which can be decorated on the cup cakes.


NOTE: Let the cup cake  cool completely and then only apply the frosting

Latha


2 comments:

  1. Hi Latha, it is very nice to see your space here. You have some fab recipes and a very mighty congrats to your princess on such lovely marks. Welcome to the bloggers world. I am sure you will fit in fine and have a lovely time. All the best dear..!
    -Anzz
    Anzzcafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anzz, Thank you so much for your kind wishes. You have been a great support and thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...