Index

Monday, December 10, 2012

Broccoli and Paneer Balls

This time when my daughter came back from Pune during her  holidays, she presented me with a beautiful cookbook by Tarla Dalal. Thanks to her and my hubby and to the Almighty goes without saying. My daughter and my hubby has been very encouraging, infact my hubby the moment I finish my cooking he would show the sign language asking me if I am done with my clicks and if he can try them. Love you guys.

Today I have picked a recipe from the cookbook of  Tarla Dalal. It’s a yummlicious starter sure to steal the hearts of the young and old alike. Not  complicated very simple all I did was a gave small twist to my way of liking. Actually the original recipe calls for Cheese stuffing since I don’t like cheese (sound funny right but me n hubby are like this) I have eliminated and added paneer instead.  I am sure if you have added cheese  and when you are ready to munch this starter, the cheese would have melted and it would ooze out I guess. So cheese lovers do stuff the cheese only and enjoy this J



The main ingredient is the broccoli, give me a bowl of broccoli  just tossed with salt and peper I will relish it, that much is the craze on this vegetable for me. It’s the just the other way my hubby does not like it and make him eat  this vegetable is hard time. He never knew it was broccoli and was thinking it was peas seeing the texture,  as I started making he would take one after the other and go. He loved it and his veridct was that a wonderful starter.
I did make some changes, like I added ginger and  white peperpowder as I wanted to retain the beauty of the green colour texture for the balls and also to keep it little spicy.
I was so lazy to make a mint chutney nor had any in my fridge to go with this. I  have to mention that  I felt it will be a good combi to have this with mint chutney. However tomato ketchup never lets you down though. 

Cookign time : 15 minutes
Makes : 15 balls

Ingredients:

1 tbsp oil  
½ cup fine chopped onion

1 tsp finery grated or chopped garlic  and ginger
Green chillies very finely chopped – 2 nos.
White peper powder – to your spice level
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
2 tbsp corn flour
¾ cup cooked and mashed potato
Salt to your taste
Bread crumbs for rolling very little
Oil for deep frying
1” cube mozzarella cheese or Paneer *

*What I did was sauted paneer for a while on a pan and gave it a golden colour by adding a dash of oil









 

Method:

Add 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic, ginger & g. chillies and saute for 2 minutes

Now throw in the broccoli and saute for another 5 minutes, remove from flame and let come to room temprature.

Now add corn potatoes, flour, pepper powder &  salt and give it a good mix. Check  the salt level at this time.

Make 15 equal portions and shape them like flat tikkis. Press a little in the centre of each round to  make a depression so that we can place the mozzarella or paneer cube in the center of each and roll them back to make a ball. This way we have stuffed the paneer/ mozzarella.

You don’t have to have any moisture unlike how we do with the bread crumbs.  Just roll the balls into the bread crumbs with whatever moisture in the balls we have made as we would like to see the beautiful green texture of the ball.

Heat oil in a kadai and there goes into the  hot  oil some batches of the  balls. Fry them until golden brown all the sides. Keep the flame low. Drain on absorbent paper and its ready to serve.

Serve them with Mint Chutney or ketchup J.


Latha

Sending this to:


http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/60-days-to-christmas-event-and-giveaway.html




























40 comments:

  1. hi sis!wonderful dish.yummy.thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much Ramya. Happy to be part of your event.

      Delete
  2. these look so delicious..perfectly golden and crispy...I just bought some broccoli when I went to the market yesterday...maybe I'll give these a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that paneer cube or cheese cube in the center :) looks super crispy :) Must be a perfect snack or starter :)
    Prawn Biryani / Eral Biryani - Using Pressure Cooker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much Divya. Its Paneer. It was too good.

      Delete
  4. very delicious and tempting clicks Latha....nice presentation...keep up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempting snack... looks beautiful..:)
    The presentation is amazing.. From your writing it seems u enjoy what u do and have the support as well..:)
    Good going dear..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I enjoy doing this and get good support from my teenaged lovely daughter.

      Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  6. Delicious and nice snack...

    Regarding my tapioca-crab recipe, first cook crabs till it boils well or pressure cook for 1 whistle, then add tapioca into that and cook together till done.
    You can also cook both separately and mix together,but i didn't tried this method..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for clarifying my querry and for the lovely comment too.

      Delete
  7. hi latha,
    mouth watering balls!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks for following me

    ReplyDelete
  8. will definitely try this. nice clicks too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. who would think of such a lovely recipe using brocolli? you have made it so well thanks dear for linking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much Priya for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  10. your post is def giving me the much needed push..thanks for sharing latha..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look yum & crisp.. Lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you rock, who can resist to this paneer stuffed broccoli balls..Mindblowing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious recipe love these chessy balls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum,Yummy this dish looks so presentable too and I'm sure it will be so tasty :)Happy to follow your blog. Thanks for sending this dish to December event of EP series cooking with garlic or turmeric or both ,hosted by spicenflavors

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect starter,great muncher..yummmmmmmmmmy,the combo of broccoli & paneer is new to me:)
    Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for the lovely comments, its means a lot to me for taking your time and dropping by and sharing your thoughts. Thank you Jay, Sreevalli, Priya, Swathi, Viya, Julie.

    Have a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Latha.. this is such a nice combination, love the crunch it has got!

    ReplyDelete
  19. it looks really delicious..a perfect snack

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow!!This is a great idea...A perfect looking snack!
    thanks for linking with Event :Cook like a Celebrity Chef
    An Agar-Agar recipe contest will be arranged in my blog,please visit the site on Dec 15th to check the contest details...Hope you would like to participate...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!!!!!
    This recipe looks mouth watering. lovely pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. amzaing paneer balls thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete
  23. Delicious and healthier paneer balls... Thanks for sending this yummy ginger recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Mission - Breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  24. What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid other customers like its aided me. Great job.

    Here is my website vitamin shoppe gainesville store hours

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...